My Plate was finalized in early June 2011 which emphasizes the importance of keeping a balanced meal and lifestyle. There has been a big effort to promote the new system by the US Department of Agriculture which has included YouTube videos and interactive tools online. Here are five key tips to My Plate Success:
- The new food groups are grains, fruits, vegetables, protein, and dairy
- Lean protein is preferred – in the EFC Kitchen this is never a problem!
- Correct portion size is essential for success
- At least 8 oz of cooked seafood per week is recommended
- Half of the meal should be fruits and vegetables
See how to make a tasty tilapia dish
You can also follow My Plate on Twitter @MyPlate for daily suggestions and support.
The Euclid Fish Company