Clams Casino is a classic appetizer which can be adjusted to your own tastes! Get creative with it by adding some heat or using prosciutto or Parmesan cheese to garnish. Below is the recipe followed in the EFC Kitchen.
- 2 dozen Top Neck Clams
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1″ strips of bacon
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees, fill a large baking dish with rock salt
- Clean and shuck clams and loosen meat, throw away top shell
- Mix shallots, seasoning, bread crumbs, olive oil, and parsley
- Put mix on clam, top with bacon
- Bake 5 minutes until bubbly and bacon is cooked
In the end they should look like this, YUM!
The Euclid Fish Company