Scrod Cod or Cod is a popular item around Christmas time. For an entrée portion, purchase 8 oz per person and for a tapas style dinner, half the amount. Here is an easy recipe when preparing your holiday feast.
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp dry tarragon leaves or 1 tbsp fresh chopped leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz cod portion per person
Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, tarragon, and pepper. Pat fish dry and add to marinade for 15 minutes. Lay fish in a shallow baking dish and drizzle with remaining marinade.
Bake uncovered in a 450 degree oven until fish flakes at the thickest pard. Fish will be opaque and finished in about 7 minutes for fish 3/4″ thick and 10 minutes for fish 1″ thick.
The Euclid Fish Company