In honor of Earth Day, we wanted to share with you what Euclid Fish is doing to help make this a better planet!
Ozone is one of nature’s most powerful oxidizers and had been used as the leading organic sanitizers for years and is created by combining all natural substances which include air, water, and electricity.
How does this work?
- Our system compresses ambient air to produce pure oxygen which passes through an
electrical charge to create the ozone gas. The gas is then mixed with cold water at specific concentration levels and piped to various control points in the plant. Ozonized water oxidizes cell walls causing them to disintegrate resulting in the death of the cell, or bacteria. Once completed, the ozone quickly returns to its original components. Before returning to water and oxygen, the ozone with disinfect both the floor and drain, resulting in the most organic sanitizing process yet.
Why is this beneficial?
- Ozone is generated in our state of the art facility, using ambient air and a small amount of electricity reducing, eliminating any transportation emissions.
- Ozone achieves instantaneous decomposition of fat and grease through high volatility, which translates to an incredibly high oxidation reduction potential.
- Chemical free and produces no toxic by-products.
- Fully approved by the FDA for direct food contact application.
Energy Efficient Lighting–
- Entire facility installation of energy efficient lighting called ECO-Fluorescent using 35% less energy compared to traditional lighting.
- Installation of motion sensors in processing and staging areas to cut down on excessive use of lighting.
- New energy efficient refrigeration units.
- 100% recyclable cardboard packaging with soy based ink that allows less dependence on Styrofoam
- Automated entry into freezer staging and holding areas.
- Assists in direct routing, minimizing wait time, and provides better use of fuel and reduces the carbon footprint we deliver in.
Sustainability is a process as well as a commitment built by the fishing industry as a whole.
Euclid Fish Company believes our foundation for success is to be socially responsible by sourcing only mature, marketable species from federally regulated and approved vendors.
We believe our partnership with the Industry sustainable leaders give us clear, proactive solutions to pass on to our valued clients. Ocean Trust, Marine Stewardship Council and NOAA communicate concise information related to healthy marketable stocks so in turn we remain responsive to the ever changing environment.
Eat Fish, Live Longer!
The Euclid Fish Company